Vision & Mission
Bishop State Community College will be a comprehensive learning institution that equips students and the community with the skills, knowledge, and ability to achieve real world success.
Bishop State Community College provides open access to an affordable, quality education, which promotes student success, academic transfer, workforce training, adult education, and community partnerships.
Student Achievement Data
The mission and purpose statement of Bishop State Community College indicates key objectives are to provide: transfer education to prepare students to transfer to other colleges and universities; general education courses to support all college degree programs; technical, vocational, occupational, and career education courses that prepare students for immediate employment, retrain existing employees, and promote local and state economic stability and competitiveness.
Principles of Integrity
As members of the Bishop State family – administrators, faculty, staff, students and alumni – we believe in the following principles of integrity that serve as a code of ethics to lead us in the fulfillment of our individual and collective “Commitment to a Program of Excellence” for the overall good of Bishop State Community College:
- Truthfulness and Integrity – We value honesty in all we say and do.
- Responsiveness and Accountability – We serve the people of Alabama and respond to them with our best, in right decisions and right actions.
- Helpfulness – We help by providing beneficial knowledge, information and training to individuals, groups and communities.
- Orderliness – We organize data, information, facts and ideas in a manner that is useful, retrievable and applicable.
- Betterment – We seek to be better every day in every facet of our work.
- Thrift and Value – We conscientiously accept the responsibility for stewardship of all funds, to use money wisely and faithfully.
- Ethics, Courtesy and Civility – We comply with applicable laws, rules, regulations of government, accrediting agencies, our governing Board, as well as our sense of what is right.
- Equal Opportunity – We respect the dignity and worth of all individuals. We treat people without regard to their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental capacity.
- Responsible Independence – We accept responsibility for the fulfillment of our mission through the independence from interference and undue influence required by accreditation standards.
- Effectiveness – We measure our progress toward goals and objectives in fulfilling our mission.