person typing on laptop and holding phone

Upon completing an application for admission to Bishop State Community College, a student is required to submit one of the following:

  • Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
  • Unexpired Alabama identification card
  • Unexpired U.S. Passport
  • Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
  • Resident Alien Card - Pre-1997
  • Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
  • U.S. Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) prior to 1978
  • BIA or tribal identification card with photo
  • I -797 Form with an expiration date
  • Voter identification card from a state that verifies lawful presence

Copies must be submitted either in person, via email in PDF format, or a student may mail a copy to the College. Faxed copies WILL NOT be accepted.

Students must also submit official copies of the following transcripts:

  • High School or GED transcript
  • College transcripts: A student must submit official copies of transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions that they have attended. A student who has been awarded a bachelor’s degree will be exempt from submitting their official high school/GED transcript. A student who holds a bachelor’s degree will only be required to submit the transcript where the degree was awarded*.

Additional documentation may be required as deemed necessary by the College.

*Students who will be classified as degree-seeking may be required to submit all college transcripts in order to fulfill requirements for their program. Students who need prerequisite credit for a course that they wish to take at Bishop State may be required to submit their transcript from the institution where the prerequisite credit was earned.

Important! Admissions applications and other information may be submitted at any campus however, we suggest that you visit the campus that offers your program to turn in your documents if doing so in person.

Regional Accrediting Agency links accepted by Bishop State