Thank you for your interest in applying to Bishop State Community College! Please follow the 5 steps below to successfully apply to the College and become a Bishop State Wildcat!


  1. Apply to Bishop State
  2. Apply for Financial Aid
  3. Take the placement test
  4. Meet with an academic advisor
  5. Register for classes

1. Apply to Bishop State

New students must submit the following information for the application to be complete.

  • Admissions Application
  • Turn in a copy of the student’s unexpired driver’s license, learner's permit, state-issued ID, or other approved identification.** ID's may be submitted by emailing an attached copy to Scanned pdf copies are preferred however, the Office of Admissions and Records will accept a picture file. The picture file must be clear and of appropriate size. It is best to take the picture on a dark, flat surface.
  • Submit official high school transcript or GED
  • Submit all official transcripts from any regionally accredited college or university
    – Read more about college transcript requirements here

Allow 3 to 5 business days for your application to be processed. Process times may be longer during peak times such as registration. For questions please contact the Office of Admission and Records by emailing or you can call (251) 405-7005.

2. Apply for Financial Aid

3. Take the Placement Test

The Accuplacer placement test may be required for first-time and transfer students. Placement testing is used to assess what courses in Mathematics and English are appropriate for a student to take for their first time. The test is not used to determine acceptance to the College. Potential students cannot be denied admission to the College based on placement test scores.Be sure to visit the Testing section of the Learning Assistance Center’s page on our website for this and additional information. On this page, you will be able to schedule your Accuplacer testing session. Contact the Learning Assistance Center at or call (251) 405 -7100.Click here to join the “Bishop State LAC” Facebook page to network with other students and get the latest news for students provided by students.

4. Meet with an academic advisor

Students must meet with an academic advisor before they will be allowed to register for classes. The Academic Advising Center (AAC) is available to provide students with guidance and advice on the classes they should take before registering. They also provide ADA Accommodations for students with documented disabilities. Visit the Academic Advising Center’s webpage to learn more about the services they provide and to contact one of the advisors. You can also contact them at for more information.

5. Register for classes

Register for classes here.Be sure to check out the Student Services tab to learn more about Bishop State and the different services and resources we have available. Also, check out our many student organizations and make plans to GET INVOLVED!


** Approved identification includes:

  • Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
  • Unexpired Alabama identification card
  • Unexpired U.S. Passport
  • Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
  • Resident Alien Card - Pre-1997
  • Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
  • U.S. Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) prior to 1978
  • BIA or tribal identification card with photo
  • I -797 Form with expiration date
  • Voter identification card from a state that verifies lawful presence

Bishop State Community College Office of Admissions and Records
351 North Broad Street
Mobile, AL 36603-5898
Phone: 251-405-7005