Online instruction and services extended for the remainder of Spring semester due to COVID-19. Stay up-to-date with the latest announcements. Updated: 4/6/20 @ 2:46 p.m.

Transient Student 900x300

Bishop State Community College welcomes transient students from other colleges and universities. Below are the requirements for admission to Bishop State as a transient student:

  • A completed application for admission to Bishop State
  • A completed In-state residency form

- Certification of Eligibility for In-State Residency Form Please print and fill out this form. The eForm is currently unavailable. You may scan the form in pdf format or take a picture with your cell phone and email it to - Certification of Eligibility for In-State Residency eForm Link is currently unavailable.

  • A copy of the student’s unexpired driver’s license, learner's permit, state-issued ID, or other approved identification**
  • A completed copy of the student’s transient letter from their home college. Transient letters may be mailed or faxed to the Main Campus, hand-delivered, or scanned and emailed, you may email letters to

Once the student has submitted all required documentation and their admissions records are processed by the admissions office, the student will be authorized to register online. If a student feels that all required information has been submitted but is still not authorized to register, then the student may need to contact the Main Campus Admissions Office.Please note the following:

  • Transient students cannot receive federal aid; Bishop State does not participate in Federal Student Loan Programs, therefore students are required to pay their tuition and fees out of pocket, out of state tuition rules apply. For further information on out of state tuition and fees please see the college catalog. All charges must be paid before the first day of regular registration, failure to do so will result in the student’s schedule being purged before 8:00 A.M. on the first day of regular registration.
  • Transient students who attend Bishop State two consecutive semesters must provide an official transcript from their home college prior to beginning the second term and must also provide an updated transient letter for the second term.
  • It is the responsibility of the student to request their Bishop State transcript be sent back to their home school at the end of the semester.

Approved identification includes:

  • Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
  • Unexpired Alabama identification card
  • Unexpired U.S. Passport
  • Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
  • Resident Alien Card - Pre-1997
  • Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
  • U.S. Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) prior to 1978
  • BIA or tribal identification card with photo
  • I -797 Form with an expiration date
  • Voter identification card from a state that verifies lawful presence

Bishop State Community College Office of Admissions and Records 351 North Broad Street Mobile, AL 36603-5898 Phone: 251-405-7005