Bishop State flame overlaying transparent images of Mobile and Classes

If this is an emergency, please call the Bishop State

Main Campus Service Number – (251) 405-7060

Click Here to Report a Concern or Need

Mission Statement

The Bishop State CARE Team (Communicate, Assess, Refer, Educate) is committed to maintaining individual and overall faculty, staff, and student safety and well-being through pro-active and collaborative prevention, assessment, and intervention.


The Wildcat CARE Team helps find solutions for students experiencing academic, social and crisis situations including mental health concerns. Members of the college community can report a concern for a student who might benefit from services. We review these reports to understand each student issue and the on- and off-campus resources that may guide them to success.

The Wildcat CARE Team steps in to connect students with relevant campus resources and outside agencies. Most times, we may need to communicate with the reporting party to help accurately assess the needs of the student. The Wildcat CARE Team will also outreach to the student to understand his/her situation and develop a plan of action leading towards his/her success.

Team Members

The Wildcat CARE Team is a small, confidential group of campus officials with representatives from the following College offices:


Click here for a list of available resources


There is help available for students who are in need of counseling or other treatment for substance abuse. Listed below are several agencies and organizations which can assist persons in need of such services.

National Toll-Free Hotlines

Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) For treatment assistance, call (800) 729-HELP (6686) or visit

Local Information and Referral Numbers

In-Patient – Low Cost

  • Dauphin Way Lodge
    • (251) 438-1625
  • Home of Grace for Women
    • (251) 456-7807
  • Shoulder of the Central Gulf Coast Inc. (Residential for Men)
    • (251) 626-2199
  • Mission of Hope Ministries
    • (251) 649-0830
  • Alabama Teen Challenge Mobile Area Men’s Campus (for men 18 or older)
    • (251) 580-0091
  • Wings of Life
    • (251) 432-5245
  • Waterfront Rescue Mission
    • (251) 433-1847
  • Westwood Crisis Residential Program (ages 12-18, males)
    • (251) 633-0475

Day Treatment Program

  • Alta Pointe Health Systems
    • (251) 666-2569

Outpatient Programs

  • Catholic Social Services
    • (251) 434-1550
  • Franklin Memorial Primary Health Center
    • (251) 434-8195
  • Bradford Health Services of Mobile
    • (800) 333-0906 (toll-free)
    • (251) 633-0900

Support Groups

  • Alcoholics Anonymous
    • (251) 479-9994
  • Narcotics Anonymous
    • (251) 639-4152
  • Information, Referral, and Resources Drug Education Council
    • (251) 478-7855
  • United Way
    • 2-1-1 *(dial 211)

Alcohol and Drug Problems

  • Bayview Professional Associates (E.A.P.)
    • (251) 450-2250

24 Hour Crisis Center

  • Care Pointe
    • (251) 450-2211

Treatment Facilities:

The treatment facilities shown provide either alcohol out-patient, residential, or in-patient options. Out-patient care generally consists of counseling and other therapy on a periodic basis, such as twice a week. In-patient services include such treatment as detoxification and short-term hospital care. Residential services include residing at a treatment facility for one to six months and participating in such therapeutic activities as lectures, group counseling, individual counseling, and self-analysis.

Some of the facilities listed below are private and some are public. In most instances, the care offered at a public facility is less expensive than similar services offered at private facilities. However, many health and hospitalization insurance policies include coverage for substance abuse treatment. There are also situations in which private facilities are provided public funding to offer services to eligible clients who would not otherwise be able to afford such services.

Area facilities include:

Baldwin County Alta Pointe Health Systems
372 South Greene Road
Fairhope, Alabama 36532-1905
(251) 928-2871

Franklin Memorial Primary Health Center, Inc. (A/D)
1303 Dr. Martin L. King Jr. Avenue
Mobile, Alabama 36652-2048
(251) 432-4117

Alta Pointe Health Systems
2400 Gordon Smith Drive
Mobile, Alabama 36617
(251) 473-4423

Alta Pointe Safe Haven Home
630 Ziegler Circle Campus
Mobile, Alabama 36608
(251) 639-2325

Salvation Army-Dauphin Way Lodge (A/D)
1009 Dauphin St.
Mobile, Alabama 36604
(251) 438-1625

Lifelines Counseling Services, Inc.

  • Rape Crisis Center
    • Offers emergency room advocacy and counseling, family support, court advocacy and individual counseling for victims of sexual violence and their families
    • (251) 473-7273
  • Consumer Credit Counseling
    • Provides consumers in Southwest Alabama with assistance in managing personal finances
    • (251) 602–0011
  • Family Counseling Center
    • Family Counseling encompasses a variety of programs to help people through a number of problems.
    • (251) 602–0909
  • United Way 2-1-1
    • 2-1-1 provides confidential and free information for a wide range of life emergencies, such as food, housing, and childcare assistance.
    • While not providing the emergency help directly, 2-1-1 can direct callers to local organizations that can assist
    • *Dial 2-1-1 to speak to a specialist who will help you locate services in your area
  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    • The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides a 24/7 toll-free hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress
    • 1-800-273-TALK (8255)