Upon completing an application for admission to Bishop State Community College, a student is required to submit one of the following:
- Copy of an unexpired driver’s license
- State nondriver’s license
- Military ID
- Birth certificate and Social Security card (Both forms of ID must be presented for this option)
Copies must be submitted either in person, via email in PDF format, or a student may mail a copy to the College. Faxed copies WILL NOT be accepted.
Students must also submit official copies of the following transcripts:
- High School or GED transcript
- College transcripts: A student must submit official copies of transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions that they have attended. A student who has been awarded a bachelor’s degree will be exempt from submitting their official high school/GED transcript. A student who holds a bachelor’s degree will only be required to submit the transcript where the degree was awarded*.
Additional documentation may be required as deemed necessary by the College.
*Students who will be classified as degree-seeking may be required to submit all college transcripts in order to fulfill requirements for their program. Students who need prerequisite credit for a course that they wish to take at Bishop State may be required to submit their transcript from the institution where the prerequisite credit was earned.
Accrediting Agency links accepted by Bishop State
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Colleges and Schools
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Important! Submit all information to the campus on which your major is offered. For example, if you intend to major in Nursing, you should submit your application and all other information to the Baker-Gaines Central location, where the program is located. If you were a welding major, you should submit your application to the Carver Campus and so on.