Alabama Community College System
A list of Bishop State Community College’s employment opportunities is shown below in PDF format. If interested, please review and submit a complete application packet to the address below:
Vacancy announcements and employment applications are available on this website and by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (251) 405-7052. Application materials may be delivered to the Office of Human Resources, Room 326 of the Yvonne Kennedy Business Technology Center, submitted via U.S. mail to the following address: Office of Human Resources, 351 North Broad Street, Mobile, AL 36603, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications currently on file must be resubmitted for this position. Delinquent and/or unsigned application packets and/or documents will not be accepted. Only complete application packets will be given consideration for employment.
A completed application packet consists of:
- Completed Bishop State Community College employment application (must be signed)
- Letter of interest with reference to the position announcement
- Current resume
- Applicable transcript (While an unofficial transcript may be submitted as part of the application packet, an official transcript must be received before the date of hire.)
- Verification of Work Experience form for directly related work experience from current and/or previous employers (form included as last page of application) and/or letters from current and/or previous employers verifying directly related work experience (letters must include employment dates and job title, and must be on company letterhead and signed by authorized personnel).
Incomplete application packets will not be considered. Applications for employment are available below:
Please send the complete application packet to:
Director of Human Resources
Bishop Community College
351 North Broad Street
Mobile, Alabama 36603
In accordance with the Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a non-refundable $17.40 payment for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.
Bishop State Community College Policies and Procedures Manual
- Section 100 – The College
- Section 200 – Local Administration and Organization
- Section 300 – Financial Management and Facilities
- Section 400 – Compliance with Federal Laws
- Section 500 – Benefits and Leave
- Section 600 – Personnel
Bishop State Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College Systems Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Bishop State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Bishop State Community College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.