Did you know… Students can use their Pell Grant to pay for summer courses?!?
Here are the requirements:
- Student must be enrolled at least half-time in the payment period(s) the student receives the additional Pell Grant funds. (Get with your advisor or call Financial Aid to determine how many hours are required to be half-time for your degree plan.)
- Student’s grades must meet the published Standards of Academic Progress (SAP) Policy.
- Student must have a FAFSA for 2018-2019 on file. (Now is also a good time to file the 2019-2020 FAFSA as those funds may be available to help pay for summer classes.)
What do students need to do?
- Register for summer classes. Check out the summer class schedule to find out which classes are being offered this summer.
- Contact the Financial Aid office to let them know you want to use your Federal Pell Grant funds for the summer term. Call (251) 405-7015 or email FinancialAid@bishop.edu.
Summer classes begin May 30, 2019. Be sure to stay ahead of the curve! Apply for your 2019-2020 FAFSA for the Fall semester now! Don’t procrastinate! Avoid the last minute rush, long lines, and unnecessary headaches by completing your 2019-2020 FAFSA today!