Thank you for your interest in applying to Bishop State Community College! Please follow the 5 steps below to successfully apply to the College and become a Bishop State Wildcat!
- Apply to Bishop State
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Take placement test
- Meet with an academic advisor
- Register for classes
1. Apply to Bishop State
Potential new students must submit the following information for the application to be complete.
- Admissions Application
– Online application
– Application for admission (PDF)*
- In-state residency form
– Online in-state residency form
– In-state residency form (PDF)*
- Turn in a copy of student’s driver’s license or approved identification**
- Submit official high school transcript or GED
- Submit official college transcript (if applicable)
– Read more about college transcript requirements here
Allow 24-48 hours for your application to be processed. Process times may be longer during peak times — including during registration as well as at the beginning and the end of a semester.
2. Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete the checklist on the Bishop State Financial Aid page of the website.
3. Take Placement Test
The placement test is required of all new students applying for admission to the college. All students who attend Bishop State will be placed in English and Mathematics courses using placement guidelines enforced by the Alabama Community College System (ACCS). This is not an admissions test. No student will be denied admission to the College based on the placement test scores.
- Testing Guidelines
- Accuplacer Testing Information
- Accuplacer Study Guides
- Register to take Accuplacer test – Testing Schedule Summer 2019 – Main Campus (Click on the dates to register for that session.)
4. Meet with an academic advisor
Students must meet with an academic advisor before they will be allowed to register for classes. The Academic Success and Progress (ASAP) Center is available to provide students with guidance and advice on the classes they should take before registering for class. They also provide ADA Accommodations for students with documented disabilities. Visit the ASAP Center’s webpage to learn more about the services they provide and to contact one of the advisors. You can also contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5. Register for classes
Registration for the Mini-Term II semester is happening now! Classes begin March 14.
Register for classes here.
Be sure to check out the New Students page under the Student Services tab to learn more about Bishop State and the different services and resources we have available. Also, check out our many student organizations and make plans to GET INVOLVED at Bishop State!
* Information can be faxed, mailed, scanned into PDF format and emailed, or submitted in person to:
Bishop State Community College
Office of Admissions and Records
351 North Broad Street
Mobile, AL 36603-5898
** Approved identification includes:
- Driver’s license
- Non-driver’s state-issued ID
- Military ID
- Birth certificate and social security card (this option requires both forms of ID be presented)