The Bishop State Adult Education Program, located on the Carver Campus, is a comprehensive educational program aimed at preparing adults age 16 and over for the GED Testing Service' GED test. The GED Tests cover the academic knowledge and skills learned in four years of high school: reading, writing, social studies, science, and mathematics.
The goal of the Bishop State Adult Education Program is to successfully prepare students for the GED Tests through instruction in math, language, and reading.
All individuals must first take the TABE Assessment Test. The TABE Assessment is given to determine a student's grade level prior to enrolling in Adult Education Classes.
- The assessment test is FREE.
- Picture ID. 17 year olds need a notarized Student Exit Interview form from last high school. *Forms are available in the Adult Education Office or at the local high school.
- You will need to be there between 6:00 am – 6:30 a.m. Report to Room 2 in the Business Office Education Building on the Carver Campus (414 Stanton St., Mobile, Alabama 36617).
- Sign the clipboard in Rm. 2 and remain seated. Signs will be posted to direct you to Room 2. Testing will begin at 7:30 am. (The number of students assessed will be based on current Adult Education enrollment – usually no more than 15 students per day).
- The days for the testing are on Mondays and Thursdays. The test will take 3-4 hours (procedure is the same on both days).
- Free Adult Education Classes (PDF)
- Quick Answers (PDF)
- Performance Levels
- Scores – "What You Need To Know" Flyer
- Sign Up (PDF)
- Schedule (PDF)
- Get Scores (PDF)
- Clear Alerts (PDF)
Request GED Transcripts
To request all GED Transcripts access visit: http://www.gedtestingservice.com/testers/gedrequest-a-transcript or call: 1-888-906-4031.
For course listings and graduation requirements, see the Course Catalog.