Admissions Requirements

Upon completing an application for admission to Bishop State Community College, a student is required to submit the following:

A copy of an unexpired driver’s license or state nondriver’s license, (copies must be submitted either in person or a student may mail a notarized copy to the College; faxed and emailed copies WILL NOT be accepted).


Submit official copies of the following transcripts:

  • High School or GED transcript

College transcripts: A student must submit official copies of transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions that they have attended. A student who has been awarded a bachelor’s degree will be exempt from submitting their official high school/GED transcript. A student who holds a bachelor’s degree will only be required to submit the transcript where the degree was awarded*.

Additional documentation may be required as deemed necessary by the College.

*Students who will be classified as degree seeking may be required to submit all college transcripts in order to fulfill requirements for their program.  Students who need prerequisite credit for a course that they wish to take at Bishop State may be required to submit their transcript from the institution where the prerequisite credit was earned.

Accrediting Agency links accepted by Bishop State

All new students who have never attended college will be required to take the ACCULACER placement test. You may contact the Learning Assistance Center at 251-405-7100 for testing dates and times. A student who has taken the ACT may be exempt from one or more portions of the ACCUPLACER test.  ACT scores cannot be over three years old. If a student has scored a 20 or higher on the math portion of the ACT and/or a score of 20 or higher in the English portion of the ACT,  the student will be exempt from those portions of the ACCUPLACER test, respectively.

Students who have previous college credit from another institution may also be exempt from one or more portions of the ACCUPLACER test. This will be dependent on transfer credit received upon evaluation of the official transcript. Please check your degree plan on the BORIS system to see what credits have transferred from your previous institution.

Important! Submit all information to the campus on which your major is offered. For example, if you intend to major in Nursing, you should submit your application and all other information to the Baker-Gaines Central location, where the program is located. If you were a welding major, you should submit your application to the Carver Campus and so on.

Important Dates

View Full Academic Calendar »