Upon completing your application there are additional admissions' requirements. A copy of your driver’s license or state non-drivers’s license.
Submit official copies of one of the following types of transcripts:
- High School transcript from an accredited institution
- GED transcript
- College transcripts: Note that you must submit transcripts from all accredited collegiate institutions that you have attended. Also, you are NOT required to submit high school or GED transcripts if you have at least 6 hours of completed college credit from an accredited institution.
Accrediting Agency links accepted by Bishop State
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Colleges and Schools
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
All new students who have never attended college will be required to take the COMPASS placement test. You may contact the Learning Assistance Center at 251-405-7100 for testing dates and times. A student who has taken the ACT may be exempt from one or more portions of the COMPASS test. ACT scores cannot be over three years old. If a student has scored a 20 or higher on the math portion of the ACT and/or a score of 20 or higher in the English portion of the ACT, the student will be exempt from those portions of the COMPASS test, respectively.
Students who have previous college credit from another institution may also be exempt from one or more portions of the COMPASS test. This will be dependent on transfer credit received upon evaluation of the official transcript. Please check your degree plan on the BORIS system to see what credits have transferred from your previous institution.
Important! Submit all information to the campus on which your major is offered. For example, if you intend to major in Nursing, you should submit your application and all other information to the Baker-Gaines Central location, where the program is located. If you were a welding major, you should submit your application to the Carver Campus and so on.
View a list of majors by campus in our Programs of Study Brochure (PDF).