American Sign Language and Interpreter Training

american sign languageStudents may pursue the Associate in Science degree in American Sign Language (ALS) or the short certificate in Interpreting Training (ITP). Both programs are designed to prepare students to begin a career as sign language interpreters. However, the Associate in Science degree is also designed to prepare students to transfer to a  Bachelor of Science degree in Sign Language Interpreting at a four-year college or university.

The American Sign Language (AS Degree) courses fall within Area V in degree plans. Students may take ASL courses for elective credit. Interpreter Training Program (ITP) courses are specifically designed for students enrolled in the short certificate program.

View American Sign Language Brochure (PDF)

Department Faculty

Janice Rogers 251.405.7027

For degree requirements, see the Course Catalog. For current class offerings, see Class Schedules.

Important Dates