March 20, 2012
Bishop State Community College Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honor Society was the winner of several state awards during the 2012 Alabama Regional Convention held in Decatur, Ala., on March 10. The Alpha Epsilon Nu Chapter received the following awards:
- Spirit Award, which is awarded to the chapter that shows the most enthusiasm.
- Five-Star Level Chapter Award, which is awarded to all chapters that meet or exceed all requirements and suggestions for their participation.
- Pinnacle Award, which is awarded to all chapters that raised their enrollment more than 25 percent from the previous year.
- Project Share Recognition, which is awarded to PTK teams that support the Alabama Regions Honor in Action Project. Bishop State PTK’s contribution this year was $250.
- All-Alabama Academic Team Scholarships were awarded to two PTK members — Gisele Zougmore and Jared Olson both sophomores who will graduate this spring.
- Distinguished Officer Team Award, which is awarded to the Chapter Officer Team that demonstrates an exceptional atmosphere of teamwork, leadership abilities, promotion of Honors in Action and other engagement in the Society, and enthusiasm for the Society’s Hallmarks. Recipients of this award were sophomores Zahra Hamade, Linette Hoppe, Tamara Maddox, Jared Olson and Gisele Zougmore.
- Distinguished Advisor Award was awarded to Victoria Perry, Ed.D. The award is given to PTK advisers who make significant contributions to the growth of the individual members, serve as the chapter’s advocate on campus, and encourage the chapter to be involved on the local, regional and/or international level of the organization.